Wow, can you believe it’s already almost Friday? Even though it started rough, the week sure flew by (at least for me). I’m also looking forward to my weekly acupuncture session this evening. I mean, who doesn’t like to take a power nap and then feel totally refreshed afterwards?
I wanted to step up my wardrobe creativity for today given yesterday’s casual ensemble. So, I pulled out this lace number (hidden in the back of my closet) that I have not worn in years! And there is a story to this dress. I first saw it on my friend Nina when I visited her in NYC (back when she still lived there) and immediately fell in love with it. Read: I stalked this dress until I found it. The fashion goddesses were on my side because I successfully located one in my size 🙂
What I wore today:
- pale pink lace dress by DVF
- black tights by Falke
- nude patent kitten heel pumps by Stella McCartney
- ivory coat by Alex Gaines (I purchased this on sales from Saks.com many years ago but I don’t think this designer still exists?)
- vintage necklace (I scored this one at Trina Turk store in Burlingame)
- funny face (fuchsia pink) lipstick by Nars
- light grey “vitello lux” bow satchel by Miu Miu
Why I love it:
- I don’t normally like lace but this dress is an exception to the rule. The color, the cut, the designer.
- romantic and feminine
- soft hues with a pop of color (black tights and fuchsia lips)