Mondays are also the hubby’s day off so that means our weekly lunch date. Today, we grubbed on yummy Mediterranean food at Saffron 685 (I really like the red lentil soup there!) followed by rose macarons at Patisserie Philippe near my work. Btw the macarons are not nearly as good as the ones in Paris because these have a brownie, chewy texture. I’ve tasted macarons from Paulette, La Boulange, and Miette – so far I still prefer the ones by Miette. The challenge will be to find better macarons in SF. Speaking of challenges, I’m creating a fashion one for myself this week…
The Project: For the next few, non-consecutive days, I’m going to try and sport the same jacket in multiple styles. Wish me luck!
The Player: Elizabeth and James “Wilderness Blazer”
I love post-holiday sales because when you do find an item in your size, the markdowns are usually the lowest. I scored this fur lined blazer by Elizabeth and James at Nordstrom for $300 (still expensive but I figured it’s 2 items for that price: fur vest and blazer). And I’m hoping to get the most out of them!
Look #1: Fur vest worn on the outside of the blazer.
What I wore today:
- fur lined blazer by Elizabeth and James
- white linen 3/4 sleeve tee by Etoile by Isabel Marant
- jeans by Sass & Bide
- black pumps by Amaya
- black skinny leather belt by J.Crew
- black Chanel caviar leather coco cabas bag (borrowed from my mom’s closet!)
Why I love it:
- luxuriously plush rabbit fur (sorry it’s not faux and originated from China!)
- grey and fuchsia combination
- big carryall leather bag